Tuesday 7 February 2012

CSM MA WIP

Now some piccies from the Central Saint Martins Masters work in progress.
Sorry the quality's not amazing. And as I went to see them a little while ago, I don't actually have all the names/courses to go with them but if I wanted to look them up, they will be on the website soon I recon!

Us MA Fashion Environment girls noticed that quite a few parallels existed in the addressed topics: environmental degradation, social isolation, physical inactivity, ecological impacts of textiles, emotional durability, user engagement.

This is the new kings cross building. Really love it, so glad we can use the library & learning space there! Although I've heard it actually has less space for the students to work in, surprisingly.

MA Textile Futures

An altenative to fur: textiles created by brushing animals then sewing the hair onto a base fabric. Apparently she had a discussion with a girl on my course who is into second hand and recycling leather (they agreed to disagree).

                         


Now if this isn't just my kind of thing!


A project to encourage physical activity in a time where we are so inactive in our offices, in front of computers.

 


Natural dyeing project. Her business cards were little droplets too.


Loving the tesselation & geomteric shapes together with the less structured, soft wool.

Textiles inspired by living skin cells. If skin can be bred in petri dishes why not create textile that way?! These skin bits were even edible.

Other MA's
Making eating ice-cream into a ritual.


 (This reminded me of our Kolding project :) )

Ashquarium - the fish will suffer under your smoking habit.

Press the like button if you like it.

I liked the folded trays for business cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment