Tuesday 19 January 2010

Takk, love


click here to play mix

This Breezeblock with Björk bootleg is something I just have to share. She is incredible and so are these tracks. No idea when it’s from btw but it don’t really matter I don’t recon. And this one isn’t even the epic one! That will be used for real emergencies or celebrations.

I received this among lots of gigs worth of mind blowing music from my boyfriend’s brother who a DJ in Zurich (‘Being Ed’). What’s better than receiving the whole digital backlog (no doubt his repertoire of vinyl well exceeds this) of a DJ who is on your music wavelength?! Anyway, while getting nervous preparing a presentation, this is getting me through.

First track is in fact my favourite Björk track (and ah, amazing live!) and at plusminus 1:35 she chooses a track played by Indonesian instruments, which is a nice coincidence as I am now living in Indonesia and at 1:47 one of my favourite ‘I am not a gun’ track is played. And all the stuff introduced in Björk’s voice/accent has got me through the day’s work. Björk lifesaver.

No comments:

Post a Comment