Thursday 2 April 2009

When ideas are running faster than fingers can type...

... I end up with an overload of stuff I want to post but no time to, as I want to go enjoy the sunshine before the big hot ball of fire disappears again. It doesn't help that my computer crashed yesterday while typing up a long homage to umbrellas.





So, number 1 : http://www.wejetset.com/ which I came across when googling opening times for the Magma shop in Manchester where I'm planning to buy some artfartfashion mags the read in the sun. It looks one of the many designer's shopping heaven. Well, for the designers with similar taste buds to mine anyway (Jack: know it?) Never mind the cringe worthy shop name. They also generally look like they take themselves too a bit too seriously, brrr. Found some wantful wonderfully ueberpractical and very designed things. The mac book hardcover is one (I should probably be more gentle with mine in any case, case or no case), another is a pitter patter umbrella (as shown above and opened to the right).
And then ... I keep coming across them... the desire to own one grows stronger every time..



Beautiful?
Being the perfect opposite of the accurate digital photos, sometimes even photoshopped afterwards (which I thoroughly enjoy myself) , the result of lomophotography is charmingly unforeseeable. The hues that can be achieved are unique and stunning. Unfortunately I actually know nothing about these cameras, will research & ask around before purchasing.
Oh yes, numero dos: howies sample sale in Manchester starts today and is on till Sunday! Woohoo! I was going to resort to ebay (jeans? risky business.) but this is superduper news!
Ciao for now!

2 comments:

  1. what's your favorite lomo camera? they're wierd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lomography
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/lomo/pool/

    :) i think the holga is pretty cool. even calling a camera "holga" is cool. weird maybe too but definatly cool.

    ReplyDelete